I really enjoy it when I can create some kind of a bond even if a temporary one with an unknown animal. My boyfriend and I went to Hyde Park to feed pigeons and squirrels one beautiful sunny afternoon. We wanted them on our arms and legs so we could take silly pictures of each other. I was more interested in the pigeons because squirrels tend to bite people’s fingers, they probably mistake them for the peanuts they hold. We sat down on a deserted bench, threw some breadcrumbs on the ground and immediately became surrounded by a whole bunch of pigeons. There were healthy looking fat ones, and ones which were more nervous and smaller. One of them was absolutely not intimidated by my close presence, flew on my arm, and stood there while I was feeding him, patiently waiting for me to grab his next bite. I believe it was a male because the others respected him, he was bigger than all of them and he had shiny, healthy looking feathers.
I of course was flattered by my achievements as a bird tamer and asked my boyfriend to take a picture of us, when suddenly it flew on my back for some reason, so I had to lean forward a bit to keep him balanced. I calmed down and started to enjoy the situation in a few seconds, and so the perfect shot of me looking backwards at the pigeon on my back could be taken.
I can confirm that: a perfect shot, that, and a superb post, this.
VálaszTörlésAnd so this seems to have been the last post on your blog during the course. Will you share one last word?
VálaszTörlés